ForeSee, Inc. Usability director, team lead, analyst
- Guide Usability Team in successful completion of large portfolio of internal and external UX research/analysis projects.
- Project manage development of in-house usability heuristic knowledgebase.
- Evaluate web and mobile site usability using heuristic methods.
- Write and present usability reports to Fortune 500 or public sector clients.
- Provide best practice recommendations for content and usability improvements.
University of Michigan/Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research Senior editor
- Provided key support to ICPSR web and print publications and other communication vehicles, both print and web.
- Oversaw development of written, video, and social media content necessary to communicate and support the ICPSR mission.
- Developed of web information architectures; provided heuristic usability recommendations; managed communication assets; conducted article research; and developed written, photographic, and video content.
University of Michigan Department of Psychology Graduate student instructor
- Teach weekly sections of undergraduate psychology (Introduction to Psychology 111, and Ethnographic Writing 401).
- Provide all lesson plans and in-class materials, such as video segments, quizzes and assignment rubrics.
- Handle assigning, grading, and resolving of grade appeals.
- Collaborate with professor and other GSIs in course planning.
- Interact frequently with students in class, at office hours, and via electronic media.
Fry, Inc. User experience design intern
- Wireframed/prototyped e-commerce store-administration web application in Axure.
- Recommended site improvements, and made bug/enhancement changes.
I facilitate a usability debrief meeting at Cengage Learning after a morning of testing sessions in July 2010. The testing used a modified version of the Steve Krug "Rocket Surgery Made Easy" process. (Photo by Sonali Mishra)
Cengage Learning User experience/product management intern
- Handled all aspects of preparation, execution and analysis of remote usability tests involving web applications in agile development atmosphere: Wrote test scripts, moderate sessions and recruit participants.
- Performed heuristic evaluations of existing products. Created site interaction maps.
- Took part in contextual inquiry interviews.
- Performed comparative analyses of database/research products.
Jackson Citizen Patriot (for AnnArbor.com) Content strategist/visual designer
- Key member of launch team for AnnArbor.Com print edition: Created InDesign templates and libraries.
- Coordinated daily print edition production for news and features sections.
- Edited content. Created mockups and performed hi-fidelity page design.
- Posted stories and images online to MLive.com statewide web site.
- Interacted with editors, reporters and production staff to ensure deadlines were met smoothly.
Concordia University-Ann Arbor Faculty adviser for Vox student news publication
- Taught undergraduates about news writing and photography, and oversaw production of student publication.
- Created online edition of previously print-only publication using WordPress publishing platform.
Michigan Business Review Associate editor/designer
- Assigned and edited news and features stories for two weekly editions.
- Posted stories, photos and graphics on MLive.com statewide web site.
- Mocked-up and designed hundreds of news pages for print editions.
- Trained new staff members on web production tasks.
Ann Arbor News Design director/assistant news editor
- Created schedules for art/graphics/editing desk of 22.
- Oversaw complete redesign, including prototyping, staff training and creation of design stylebook.
- Worked closely with I.T. Department on all newsroom software, hardware and training initiatives.
- Trained 35 members of page production staff in Adobe InDesign during conversion from Quark XPress in 2005.
- Designed thousands of news and features pages on daily deadlines.
- Researched and wrote descriptive text for informational graphics.
- Directed publisher's Internal Development Task Force on companywide training.
Detroit Free Press Deputy graphics editor
- Coordinated research and production of maps, charts and graphics for large metropolitan newspaper.
- Managed staff of six news artists.
The (Fort Wayne) News-Sentinel Assistant managing editor, Design director, Assistant business editor
- Supervised 18-person Editing/Design/Website Department
- Created script-driven software process to translate all published text files from PC-based editing system into HTML code for newspaper Web site.
- Designed newspaper pages (primarily A1 and Business news); created infographics.
- Publication received nationwide Inland Press Association Front Page Contest top award 1995 and 1996.
- Wrote stories and briefs, selected wire copy and photos, designed daily and special section pages.
- Assigned breaking stories to reporters and planned centerpiece packages.
- Edited stories for content, style, and grammar.
- Oversaw production of daily pages and weekly tabloid.