Matt Kneiser

Why I made this blog.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Because I did. Ok, the deeper answer is that it's honestly about time. I want to share my thoughts and experiences on a different platform. I find many of the social networking platforms to be fast-paced and transient. If I post something thought-provoking or deep, it lasts on people's radar for a few hours. Digging further than a month back into someone's Facebook Timeline is fairly rare and extreme. So the lifespan of something self-reflective or particularly interesting isn't long enough.

Don't get me wrong, I will continue to use these other social networking services because they are very useful for certain purposes. I just feel that I need to express myself on an additional platform. Not to mention that I want to flex my web development muscles and see what I can create.

Right after finishing some theoretical computer science homework on big-oh complexity analysis (EECS 376), I had this irresistable itch to finally make my own blog. It was about time. So I started whipping it up at midnight, the submission deadline for my CS homework. It is now 2AM and I am about to post my inner-dialogue to the world. Sweet!

My vision for this project is to give friends, connections, relatives, and the general public insight into my life. The ongoing goal is to build a basic platform for myself that allows me to continuously communicate, at my own pace.

-Matt