Modifications to AMT/Ertl Enterprise-E model kit to build CGX
- Removed outer edge of the primary hull
- outermost section with raised paneling on top part.
- everything outboard of the phaser strip on bottom part, moved
phaser strip location.
- Removed entire existing shuttlebay area.
- Scribed new reaction control thrusters (same shape as the old ones). It
would probably be easier to cut out the old ones and splice them into
the new positions, but I threw mine out by accident.
- Replaced impulse engines with scratchbuilt styrene impulse engine
Remove unshaded portion, keep shaded area on primary hull top. Remove
similar outer region for primary hull bottom.
- Removed everything above the horizontal primary/secondary hull mating
- Removed aft section of secondary hull, replaced with shorter styrene
- Reshaped undercut area.
- scratchbuilt new shuttlebay and warp engine pylons and added them to the
top of the secondary hull.
- Secondary hull was mated to primary hull approximately 1/2" aftward of
how it's mated on a Sovereign.
Remove unshaded area, keep shaded portion.
Add new shuttlebay and stern section fabricated from sheet
- Master part was completely scratchbuilt out of sheet styrene. Parts used
on model are resin copies.
Back to Endurance class cruiser
All original materials on this web page, unless otherwise noted, are
Copyright 1999 Markus C. Nee. All rights reserved.
Ask for my
permission before using any of my work. Thanks.
Markus C. Nee, Aerospace Engineering Alumnus,
University of Michigan.
markusn at umich.edu
This page was last modified 1999-06-01.