CV | Bio
- "Multinationals and the Gains from International Diversification," (jointly with Patrick Rowland), Review of Economic Dynamics, Volume 7, Issue 4, October 2004, Pages 789-826.
- "Why Hasn't Tax Competition Triggered a Race to the Bottom? Some Quantitative Lessons from the EU," (jointly with Enrique Mendoza), Journal of Monetary Economics, Volume 52:1, January 2005.
- "Exchange Rate Exposure," (jointly with Kathryn Dominguez), Journal of International Economics. vol 68:1, 2006.
- "International Borrowing and Macroeconomic Performance in Argentina," (jointly with Kathryn Dominguez) International capital flows, NBER, 2006.
- "Cross-Border Trading as a Mechanism for Capital Flight: ADRs and the Argentine Crisis" with Sebastian Auguste, Kathryn Dominguez and Herman Kamil, Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol 53: 7, pp. 1259-95, 2006.
- "International Trade, Production Sharing and the Transmission of Business Cycles," (jointly Ariel Burstein and Christopher Kurz, Journal of Monetary Economics, vol 44:4. pp. 775-795, 2008.
- "Border Effect or Country Effect? Seattle may not be so far from Vancouver after all ," (jointly with Yuriy Gorodnichenko), American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, vol 1: 1, pp. 219-41, 2009.
- The value of control in emerging markets ," (jointly with Anusha Chari and Paige Parker Shelby), Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 23, Issue 4, p. 1741, April 2009.
- The collapse of international trade in 2008-9: In search of the missing gun," (jointly with Andrei Levchenko and Logan Lewis), IMF Economic Review, 2010.
- The role of financial factors in the trade collapse: A skeptic's view ," (jointly with Andrei Levchenko and Logan Lewis), for the World Bank, 2010.
- Discussion of The initial impact of the crisis on emerging market countries ," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, 2010.
- "The Finnish Great Depression: From Russia with Love," (jointly with Yuriy Gorodnichenko and Enrique Mendozo), American Economic Review, 2011.
- "Firm-Level Evidence from the Korean Crisis," (jointly with Yung Jun Kim and Jing Zhang).
- "Saving Europe: Some Unpleasant Supply-Side Arithmetic of Fiscal Austerity," (jointly with Enrique Mendoza and Jing Zhang).
- "The Euro Crisis," (jointly with Kathryn Dominguez), RSQE Conference 2013.
- "Fire-sale FDI or Business as Usual?," (jointly with Ron Alquist and Rahul Mukherjee), March 2014.
- "Fire-sale FDI: All smoke and no fire?"," (jointly with Ron Alquist and Rahul Mukherjee), Vox EU commentary.
- Reading list for Economics 642 (doctoral course in international finance)