I am currently a research engineer in Google.
I got my Ph.D. in information science from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. My advisor is Qiaozhu Mei. I received my Bachelor's degree from the College of Computer Science and Technology at Zhejiang University, China. I am particularly interested in data mining, information retrieval, machine learning (especially deep learning), and natural language processing, with application to the retrieval, management, and analysis of data from Web, scientific literature, social networks, and various online communities.
- Cheng Li, Jiaqi Ma, Xiaoxiao Guo, Qiaozhu Mei. DeepCas: an End-to-end Predictor of Information Cascades. In Proceedings of the 26th international conference on World wide web. (WWW'17).
- Cheng Li, Xiaoxiao Guo, Qiaozhu Mei. Deep Memory Networks for Attitude Identification. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM international conference on Web search and data mining. (WSDM'17).
- Cheng Li, Michael Bendersky, Vijay Garg, Sujith Ravi. Related Event Discovery. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM international conference on Web search and data mining. (WSDM'17).
- Cheng Li, Paul Resnick, Qiaozhu Mei. Multiple Queries as Bandit Arms. In Proceedings of the 25th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management. (CIKM'16).
- Xiaoxiao Guo, Cheng Li, Qiaozhu Mei. Deep learning applied to games. In Acta Automatica Sinica (2016). (Invited, in Chinese)
- Cheng Li, Yue Lu, Qiaozhu Mei, Dong Wang, Sandeep Pandey. Click-through Prediction for Advertising in Twitter Timeline. In Proceedings of the 21th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. (KDD'15).
- Cheng Li, Yue Wang, Paul Resnick, Qiaozhu Mei. ReQ-ReC: High Recall Retrieval with Query Pooling and Interactive Classification. In Proceedings of the 37th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval. (SIGIR'14).
- Cheng Li, Yue Wang, Qiaozhu Mei. A double-loop process for investigational search - Foreseers in TREC 2013 Microblog Track. In Proceedings of the Twenty Second Text REtrieval Conference. (TREC'13). Winner of 2013 TREC Microblog track.
- Juan Du, Wei Xie, Cheng Li, Feida Zhu, and Ee Peng Lim. TwiCube: A Real-time Twitter On-line Community Analysis Tool. In 18th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA'13). Best Demo Paper Runner-up Award.
- Wei Xie, Cheng Li, Feida Zhu, Ee Peng Lim, Xueqing Gong. When a Friend in Twitter is a Friend in Life. In Proceedings of the 2012 Conference Web Science (WebSci'12).
- Intern at Google research, Jun. 2015 - Aug. 2015
- Research intern at Twitter, Jun. 2014 - Aug. 2014
- Research assistant in Living Analytics Research Centre of Singapore Management University, Aug. 2011 - Apr. 2012
Professional activities and service
- Program Committee Member, the 40th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2017)
- Program Committee Member, the 11th International Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM 2017)
- Program Committee Member, the 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2017)
- Program Committee Member, the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2016)
- Program Committee Member, the 9th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM 2016)
Last Updated: Jan. 2017. Created based on Prof. Qiaozhu Mei's homepage.