Child-Neuro: Patient Educational and
Disease Oriented Resource Links -
Mental Retardation and Disabilities
- Family Village, a wonderful resource from the Waisman Center at the University of Wisconsin. This site integrates information, resources, and
communication opportunities on the Internet for persons with cognitive and other disabilities, their
families, and those that provide them services and supports.
- Web sites related to mental retardation and developmental disabilities, from the Waisman Center at the University of Wisconsin
- Arc of the United States, the country's largest voluntary organization committed to the welfare of all children and adults with mental retardation and their families
- Parents Helping Parents, a resource center for children with mental, physical, emotional, or learning disabilities whether due to birth defects, illness, or accident
- Disabilty-Related Resources on the Web
- Disability Information (links to numerous other sites)
- Our Kids, a web page devoted to raising kids with special needs
- Intellectual Disability Information Service, from Melbourne, Australia
- Disability Information & Adaptive Technology, a collection of links to sites related to disabilities and adaptive technology
- Blind Childrens Center
- Central Institute for the Deaf, St. Louis
- Feeding gastrostomy homepage
- CSHCN-L Children with Special Health Care Needs E-mail Network.
The purpose of the CSHCN-L is to establish an electronic network of
individuals with shared interests, both professional and personal, in
children with special health care needs. The CSHCN-L provides the
opportunity to exchange ideas, identify exemplary programs addressing the
needs of the population of children with special health care needs and their
families, and initiate a dialogue of the critical issues which need to be
identified and articulated to inform the current debates.
TO SUBSCRIBE: Make sure that you enter the address exactly as shown: email@example.com.
Leave the subject header and the message body blank, and send the email.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE: Send a blank email to leave-cshcn-l-6239K@mchenet.ichp.edu
TO POST A MESSAGE to the list that will be seen by all of the
list members, send your message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OUR-KIDS, a mailing list on raising developmentally delayed children.
To subscribe, send e-mail to: email@example.com
Containing the message: subscribe OUR-KIDS [or: subscribe OUR-KIDS-DIGEST (if you want the digest form)]
Go back to Child-Neuro Homepage
Go back to Child-Neuro Linkage Elsewhere page
Go back to Patient Educational and Disease Oriented Resources page
For questions or comments, contact
Steven Leber, M.D., Ph.D. Leber@umich.edu or
Kenneth Mack, M.D., Ph.D. Mack@waisman.wisc.edu
Last updated 04 July 2004