- Neurosurgery://On-Call from the The American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons. Includes educational materials, outcomes databases, legislative information, bulletin board discussions, and more.
Many of the sites require authorization for access.
- Neurosurgery at the University of North Carolina, with abundant listings of Internet resources in neurosurgery.
- USC NEUROSURGICAL INFORMATION RESOURCE
The USC Neurosurgical Information service answers questions regarding Nervous system vascular disease; Nervous system tumors; Disorders of the spine; Movement disorders (including - Parkinsonism, tremors, pallidotomy, thalamotomy, and stereotactic procedures.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Columbia University
Includes hydrocephalus, spina bifida, Chiari malformation, tethered spinal cord, syringohydromyelia, craniofacial anomalies, tumors and trauma.
- NEUROSURGERY GRAND ROUNDS U. of N. Carolina
Includes cases such as Glioma and epidural cyst. Encourages user comments.
- NEUROSURGERY RESIDENTS' ONLINE HANDBOOK U. of No. Carolina
Includes common neurosurgical procedures, Glioma pathology grading
scales, common spinal root compression syndromes, peripheral nerves
and actions, and a list of reflexes.
- Harvard Surgical Planning Laboratory
Wonderful brain images, reconstructions, movies, and neurosurgical cases of the month. Challenging cases that demonstrate digital medical imaging techniques. Examples include the treatment of head tumors and the
evaluation of brain MS lesions.
- Neurosurgery at Williams and Wilkens. Abstracts, announcements, a calendar of events, selected articles, case presentations, book reviews, and rapid communications. Accepts interactive reader commentary. American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
- Neurosurgery Case Presentations from NYU
Text, Images & MPEG Video's. Includes Tumors; Trauma; Movement Disorders; Spine and Vascular.
- Neurosurgical Anatomy: Cadaver Dissections
- Neurosurgical Positioning Neurosurgical Information Resource, University of Southern California. Basic principles illustrated and explained.
- Spinal Disorders and Their Treatment New York University. Text, Images & MPEG's.
Includes Back Pain; Lumbar Disc Herniation; Lumbar Stenosis; Cervical Disc Disease and Cervical Spondylosis.
- Surgical Procedures for the Treatment of Movement Disorders NYU.
Text, Images & MPEG's.
- Sterotactic Pallidotomy NYU
- Treatment of Brain Tumor New York University Medical Center
Tutorials include Surgical Cases, Surgical Procedures for Brain Tumors, and Astrocytomas.
- NeuroAnesthesia Web page Slide presentations on neuroanesthesia topics.
- USC Neurosurgical Product Information Listing of neurosurgical-related products according to company name or product type.
- Commonly Used Scales in Neurosurgery The Glasgow Coma Scale, Frankel Grade for Spinal Injury, and more.
- Commonly Used Drugs in Neurosurgery Searchable compilation of drugs used on the Neursurgery Service at UNC. See Disclaimer.
- Guided tours of Neurosurgery on the Web Neurosurgical departments, neuroanatomy, and resources.
- Developmental Neurosurgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, includes links to some other good pediatric neurosurgery material.
Subscripton Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscription Message: personal request
This list is constructed to facilitate communication between individuals on the clinical, academic, socioeconomic, and political aspects of neurosurgery. The list will be moderated due to the private nature of specific patient care issues. All requests will be reviewed prior to approval. To facilitate approval, send an email message to: email@example.com. Include your full name, institution, department chairperson, email address, and phone number. Mentioning your membership in any major society will enable quicker verification for subscription approval. Please allow a few days to receive notification approval of your subscription.
Contact: David McKalip, M.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neurosurgery Email List Information and Archives
- SNACC Neurosurgical Anesthesia and Critical Care Mailing List
. Members of the Society of Neurosurgical Anesthesia and Critical Care
discuss neuroanesthesia topics. Contact Ira Rampil,
Subscription Address: email@example.com
Subscription Message: subscribe
Discussions about neuromonitoring. Contact: Jerry Larson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Real time discussions
- NEUROSURGERY MOO Neurosurgeons' Communication Telnet to samba.oit.unc.edu 7777
The Neurosurgery MOO is a text-based virtual reality that allows online, realtime communication via the Internet. Rooms offer committee meetings, seminars, and online consultations. The Neurosurgery MOO provides a way to communicate to members of various neurosurgical organizations to keep them informed as to various meetings or other items of interest. The MOO can run programs to find and retrieve documents on the Internet pertaining to neurosurgery. MOO provides a user the ability to place a research paper or other document on the World Wide Web. Contact: email@example.com
Go back to Child-Neuro Homepage
Go back to Child-Neuro Linkage Elsewhere page
For questions or comments, contact
Steven Leber, M.D., Ph.D. Leber@umich.edu or
Kenneth Mack, M.D., Ph.D. Mack@waisman.wisc.edu
Last updated 9-December-1996 by Leber@umich.edu.