General Medicine Links
- Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Health Sources (aka Hardin MD) a "list of lists" aimed at providing easy access to comprehensive resource lists in health-related subjects.
- Yahoo-health-medicine, a searchable database of medicine-related internet sites
- Medical Matrix - Guide to Internet Medical Resource
An excellent, well organized source for accessing other sites on the Internet. The mailing list, MMATRIX-L (see below), can keep you up-to-date on new developments.
- Achoo - Healthcare Directory Cute name (like Yahoo); useful directory.
- The Medical List, a broad-ranging guide to internet clinical medicine resources
- Med Nexus
- OMIM Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man including gene map
- Medline on the Web,
through the Community of Science
- Entrez Search tool for retrieving journal articles
- Human Genome Project
- NLM HyperDOC: World-Wide Web (WWW) Server of the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- Online J of Current Clin Trials Searchable database of current clinical trials
- University of Iowa Virtual Hospital
- VIRTUAL MEDICAL CENTER Medical Multimedia Edu.
Pointers to thousands of Multimedia Medical Teaching Files/Manuals/Modules, and Cases. Certified Continuing Medical Education Courses are highlighted for easy recognition.
- The Visible Human Project
- MEDIC, Medical Education Information Center, Dept. of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston. "Our mission is continually improve and conduct a vigorous and innovative instructional program; to provide current and accurate information to support the clinical practice of medicine and in particular, pathology; to provide an instructional informatic model for the education of current and future physicians, scientists, health professionals, and patients; and to provide excellent medical education and informatic services to our physicians and the community."
- KAROLINSKA INSTITUTE BIOMEDICAL RESOURCES Sweden
Offers a large directory of clinical and lay biomedical web sites including a MESH categorzation of disease resources.
- The Interactive Patient Marshall Univ. School of Medicine
The Interactive Patient is a WWW interactive medical education tool that simulates an actual patient encounter. Users ask a patient history questions, perform a physical exam, order laboratory and x-ray tests and submit a diagnosis and a treatment plan. Detailed feedback is provided. Contact: email@example.com
- Medical Web
A searchable database of pharmaceuticals. CME destinations cross
referenced by date, location and specialty. Employment opportunities.
- Medicine On Line Medical Information Service
Medicine On Line is a commercial on-line medical information service, providing healthcare professionals and consumers interactive multimedia services including healthcare educational and product information. Currently, Medicine On Line focuses on cancer information. Contact: William J. Comcowich, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medscape Online Patient Care Resource
A Web site for health professionals interested in practice-oriented information. The content is peer-reviewed and edited by thought-leaders in AIDS, infectious diseases, urology, and surgery. Highly-structured articles and full-color graphics are supplemented with stored literature searches and annotated links to relevant Internet resources. Contact: Bill Seitz, email@example.com
- Med Guide on the Net introduces medical students to the "medical" internet
- Mass. Gen Hosp. Emergency Medicine Cases
Massachussetts General Hospital Emergency Medicine Department presents interesting case conferences. The cases represent diagnostic or therapeutic problems, interesting electrocardiograms, or radiology studies. Cases are presented as unknowns. A list of the top email answers, a case discussion, and a brief bibliography are posted at the end of the month.
- Pathtox Internet Server Pathology Electronic Publications
The pathology electronic publications on this server: PathIt, PathClass and PathCase, include scientific studies, reviews and educational articles on pathology informatics, nomenclature and cases. The pages are annotated with colour photographs and are offerred in the Adobe portable document format (pdf). Contact: Anil K Dhiri, PathIT Pathologist, DhiriA@msn.com
- HealthWeb The health sciences librarians and information professionals from
the Big Ten universities and the University of Chicago (the CIC -
the Committee on Institutional Cooperation) are building HealthWeb,
a tool to facilitate access to health-related electronic information
resources found on the Internet. HealthWeb is a collaborative effort
to present a collection of selected and evaluated resources rather
than an exhaustive index of health-related information. It will provide
an integrated interface to the selected resources.
- Physician's Guide to the Internet Physician Oriented Links
Includes: Physician Lifestyle, Professional Opportunities, Personal
Finance, Physician Health and Well-being, Family Life, Clinical Practice,
Medline, Medical Specialities, Pharmaceuticals, MMWR, Practice
Enhancements and Reviews, AIDS, Patient Education, Upcoming
Medical Meetings, CME, Professional Books (order on-line), Boards
- Bioethics On-line Service Bioethics Articles
Provides abstracts of bioethics journal articles, news accounts, legislative actions and court decisions. Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Doctor's Internet Guide Medical Conferences & Meetings
Journal Club on the Web An on-line, interactive, general medical "journal club". Very recent articles from the medical literature (mainly NEJM, Annals, JAMA, Lancet) are summarized, with a few comments. Any reader feedback is posted to the site.
- BASIC STATISTICS FOR CLINICANS Canadian Medical Association
Multimedia Tutorial. Includes: Hypothesis Testing; Interpreting study results; Assessing the effects of Treatment and Correlation and Regression.
- Biostatistics Course at Missouri Hypertext presentation of a medical school course.
- CHORUS Hypertext Body System Knowledge
Describes diseases, radiological findings, differential-diagnosis lists, and pertinent anatomy, pathology and physiology. Includes: Neuroendocrine system (head & neck), Cardiovascular system, Respiratory system, Gastrointestinal (GI) system, Genito-urinary (GU) system,
Musculoskeletal system and Multisystem entities.
- RARE DISORDERS NETWORK Vanderbilt U
A very large database initiated by physicians that describes rare medical disorders and centers with research protocols related to these disorders. Very useful.
- PUMA Metabolic pathways in man and other species. With or without graphics.
- DRUG FORMULARY U of Michigan Medical Center
Multimedia (Text). Extensive Database begining with Absolute Acohol and ending with Zovirax. Includes therapeutic categories, and clinical tables
- DRUG DATABASE PharmInfoNet
Descriptions of drugs presented on the PharmInfoNet service.
- DRUG DATABASE Pharmaceutical Information Associates.
Includes DrugFAQs, chemical structures, threads archived from the sci.med.pharmacy newsgroup, review articles from the Medical Sciences Bulletin, Transgenica: Topics in Clinical Biotechnology, and a Glossary of Terms
Pharmaceutical Companies on the WWW A well maintained and updated list of links.
- Poison Review Critical reviews of toxicology subjects from current medical journals. Abstracts cover diethylene glycol toxicity, fish neurotoxin review cocaine cardiotoxicity, etc.
- Toxic Substances and Disease Registry An annotated list of toxic substances and related diseases, e.g., Arsenic, Asbestos, Benzene. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- CME ON THE NET Specialty Categorized
A list of resources and links to courses with CME on the Net categorized by specialties- radiology, pathology, etc.
- AGENCY FOR HEALTH POLICY AND RESEARCH Nat. Institute of Health
Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- NIH CONSENSUS STATEMENTS Nat. Institute of Health Gopher
- INTERNET MEDICAL PRODUCT GUIDE Company Listing
Up-to-date information on the latest products and services. Contains an hypertext alphabetical list of companies and product categories.
- Medconnect Interactive Education Cases Cases of the Month features help sharpen clinical acumen. Recreates
the lecture hall electronically. CME accredited by the American
College of Emergency Physicians
- MedConnect - Information Services for the Medical Community CME, cases of the month in Pediatrics, Family Medicine, and
Toxicology, Pearls in Primary Care, Board Reviews and an interactive
bulletin board of job opportunities for physicians. Medical
- MITOMAP: A database of the "Report of the committee on human mitochondrial DNA"
- Online Clinical Calculator Included are a Baysian calculator (to calculate test sensitivity, specificity, predicitive values, and likelihood ratios), weights and measures, body mass index, and estimated creatinine clearance (Medical College of Wisconsin Division of General Internal Medicine).
- ICD-9-CM Diagnostic Codes Version 13.0 compressed files. Provided by Medicare. There are four associated files.
- Medical EquipNet A comprehensive connection to worldwide sources of medical equipment and related services for medical specialties. Classified advertisements.
- Doctor Online - Directory of Physicians A directory of dentists, physicians, and surgeons and related information.
- The Internet Medical Product Guide Provides product information. Listed alphabetically and by product category.
- Medical EquipNet A comprehensive connection to worldwide sources of medical equipment
and related services for medical specialties. Classified advertisements.
- Matrix-L, the mailing list of the Internet Working Group of the American Medical Informatics Association, describing new sources of medical information available on the Internet.
Subscription address: LISTSERV@KUMCHTTP.MC.UKANS.EDU
Subscription message: SUBSCRIBE MMATRIX-L YOUR_NAME.
- CLINICAL Case Discussion Mailing List
Subscription Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscripton Message: info clinical
This is a mailing list for physicians to discuss diagnosis and
treatment for difficult or unusual cases. It is sponsored by the
Canadian Medical Association and is restricted to licensed
physicians. Steve McCullough, email@example.com
- PBLIST Problem Based Learning Discussion List
Subscription Address: MAILSERV@UTHSCSA.EDU
Subscription Message: SUBSCRIBE PBLIST
A forum for the discussion of PBL and related methods to promote learning in the health sciences. PBLIST is a moderated list and a valuable means of information exchange among health educators, especially as many medical schools are shifting to a PBL curriculum model. Contact: S. Thomas Deahl II, firstname.lastname@example.org
- BIOETHICS DISCUSSIONS FORUM
Subscription Address: email@example.com
Subscription Message: subscribe mcw-bioethics Your Name
Discussion of current bioethics cases and topics.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Medical College of Wisconsin.
- CLINICAL Q&A Physician Case Discussions
Subscription Fax # 613-523-0937
Subscript. Message: Send Med. Lic. Number on Professional Letterhead
Professional discussion of diagnosis and treatment. Intended as an informal mechanism for rapid and far-reaching physician to physician consultation.
Contact: Steve McCullough, Canadian Medical Association, Online webmaster, email@example.com
Go back to Child-Neuro Homepage
Go back to Child-Neuro Linkage Elsewhere page
For questions or comments, contact
Steven Leber, M.D., Ph.D. Leber@umich.edu or
Kenneth Mack, M.D., Ph.D. Mack@waisman.wisc.edu
Last updated 6-August-1996 by Leber@umich.edu.