- To bring together Black researchers, industry professionals and students in robotics to mutually support one another to help navigate academic, corporate and entrepreneurial paths to success.
- To advocate for more diversity, inclusion and equity within the organizations that we live and work in.
- To ensure a seat at the table during the development, test and deployment of robotic systems that affect our communities.
- To amplify our collective voices for calls for social justice.
Calling All Allies!
The Ally Committee explicitly put out a call for interested volunteers! If you are an ally that wishes to contribute to Black In Robotics and have some ideas about how things should be run, then please fill out the form below to volunteer.
IROS and D.I.Y. Workshops!
See below for new events that we've added to the calendar!
Committee's are being formed based on your responses to the Google Form (Click below if you are interested in joining one). Look forward to an email from the lead organizers to committees coming soon.
We are hosting two events around the time of one of the biggest conferences in robotics, IROS (or the International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems). Our formal launch event at IROS will be held on Saturday October 31st and our student engagement event will be held on Saturday, November 14th. Click the links below for more information!
(Click on a name to obtain their contact info.)
- Dr. Ayanna Howard Academic Co-Lead
- Dr. Monroe Kennedy III Academic Co-Lead
- Maynard Holliday, MSc. Industry Co-Lead
- Dr. Edward Tunstel Industry Co-Lead
- Dr. Quincy Brown Organizational Lead
- Dr. Carlotta Berry Undergraduate Academic Lead
- Kwesi Rutledge Student Co-Lead
- Yves Nazon Student Co-Lead