Table of Contents
West Liberty Heights
On January 6, 1826, David E. Lord purchased from the U.S. Government:
From this time until November 16, 1914, when Benjamin Steinman purchased part of this land, the land or portions of it passed through a number of persons, including Mary Lord, Hannah Sabine (White), John G. Volz, John Eisele, John and Regina Beck, Louis and Elizabeth Seyler, Regina Binder, and Albert Schallhorn.
It was on June 25, 1869, that John Eisele and his wife Walburga filed a quit claim deed to convey the 15-acre portion that was to become West Liberty Heights to John G. Volz. The 1847 map of Scio Township shows G. V. as owning a parcel of land in this location.
On November 16, 1914 Benjamin Steinman purchased from Albert F. Schallhorn land described as:
Mr. Steinman and his wife, Eleanor C. Steinman, filed the subdivision plat with Washtenaw County in August, 1925 (Liber 6 of plats, page 16) and advertised Suburban Home Sites in the Ann Arbor News from June 19 to September 11, 1925 (2007, The Ann Arbor News, All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission). Click below to go to the West Liberty Heights Subdivision Map and learn more about our history.