John M. Lawler
- English (native), Spanish, German, Malay (Indonesian), Yiddish
- Latin, Greek, and most Romance and Germanic languages
- Research in:
- English, Yiddish, Acehnese, Puget Salish (Lushootseed, Skagit), Malay, Minangkabau, Spanish, Turkish, Modern Hebrew
- FORTRAN, ALGOL, SNOBOL, PL/I, Logo, Pascal, C, Unix, sed, awk, Perl, Lisp, HyperTalk, and various special-purpose languages
- Sabbatical Leave in Mérida, Yucatán, México, 1979-80.
- Fulbright Lecture/Research Fellowship in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
1986. Principal Linguistic and Computer Consultant to Dewan Bahasa dan
Pustaka (Malaysian National Bureau of Language and Literature) on
development of the National Linguistic Data Base.