On English Generics 1972-97
- Lawler, J. 1972. "Generic to a
- in Papers from the 8th Regional Meeting, Chicago
Linguistic Society (CLS 8), 1972
- Lawler, J. 1973a. Studies in English
Generics, University of Michigan PhD dissertation
- Zipfile, all scanned pdfs 1.2 MB;
- reprinted in University of Michigan Papers in Linguistics (UMPIL) I:1, 1973.
- Front Matter 52K
- I. Introduction 193K
- II. Embedded Generic Clauses 319K
- III. Occupational Generics 211K
- IV. Generic Noun Phrases 398K
- V. Conclusions 69K
- Appendix 104K
- Bibliography 28K
- Lawler, J. 1973b. "Tracking
the Generic Toad",
- in Papers from the 9th Regional Meeting,
Chicago Linguistic Society (CLS 9), 1973.
- [Reprinted in The Best
of CLS, Chicago
Linguistic Society, 1988]
- Lawler, J. 1997. "On differentiating
definite, indefinite, and plural Generic NPs"
- as posted to Ask-A-Linguist.