Last modified 2/27/14
University of Michigan Law School
4 hours - Jessica Litman
Click HERE for news
The authors of your Casebook maintain a website keyed to the book
useful resources and updates.
- Julie E. Cohen, Lydia Pallas Loren, Ruth Gana Okediji
& Maureen A, O'Rourke, COPYRIGHT IN A GLOBAL INFORMATION ECONOMY
(3d edition 2010)
- Cohen, Loren Okediji and O’Rourke 2013 SUPPLEMENT (another copy)
- A copy of the Copyright statute (available here, here, here, here, here, or here)
Copyright reference sources on the Internet:
Here is a modest collection of additional reference sources
available on the
World Wide Web. Each of them includes links to further sources, some of
are more reliable than others. Don't believe everything you read.
Organizations and businesses heavily involved in copyright:
NEWS & OTHER INTERESTING THINGS...
1/31/14 -- While we were having a snow day, the House of Representatives held a Hearing on the scope of copyright fair use. You can view streaming video of the Hearing here, read the prepared testimony of each of the witnesses here, or read Professor Rebecca Tushnet’s summary of the Hearing here.
1/10/13 -- The Supreme Court has granted certiorari in ABC v. Aereo. (The case joins Petrella v. MGM on the Court’s 2013 term copyright docket. Petrella is scheduled for oral argument on Tuesday January 21st.) Aereo will be argued on April 22. Scotusblog will be linking to the briefs as they come in. The Aereo service has recently expanded to the greater Detroit Area. For $8 per month, you can check out what all the fuss is about.
1/22/14 -- The Supreme Court heard oral argument in Petrella v. MGM yesterday. You can read the transcript of that argument here. Columbia law professor Ronald Man has posted a brief analysis of the oral argument to Scotusblog.
New Bills in the 113th Congress:
- S. 350, Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act
- S. 517, Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act
- S. 2045, American Royalties Too (ART) Act
- H.R. 1123, Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act
- H.R. 1892, Unlocking Technology Act
- H.R. 3157, Public Access to Public Science Act
- H.R. 3219, Free Market Royalty Act
- H.R. 4079, Songwriter Equity Act
- H.R. 4103, American Royalties Too (ART) Act
News about copyright-affected industries
Thoughtful documentary films about copyright law
A sampling of Internet sites raising copyright questions:
Return to the syllabus
Send an email message to me at jdlitman -at- umich.edu