Harrison BrayDepartment of Mathematics
University of Michigan
E-mail: hbray [at] umich [dot] edu
|Research|| |  ||Teaching||  |  ||Service||  |  ||Home||  |  ||CV|
I am the current director of LoG(M), the Lab of Geometry at Michigan. Please direct any questions related to LoG(M) to logm-info [at] umich [dot] edu.
Some programs I have been involved with:
- Wolverine Pathways. In Fall 2017 I ran three math circles for 8th and 11th graders in Detroit area school districts.
- FEMMES (Females Excelling More in Math, Engineering, and the Sciences). I have run math activities for 4th-6th grade girls at the twice-annual Capstone events from Fall 2016 to present.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) at Michigan. Beginning Fall 2017, as director of LoG(M), I began advertising LoG(M) to UROP students and admitting UROP students to LoG(M) projects.
- Tufts Student Chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics. As a graduate student, I was a cofounder and president of the Tufts AWM student chapter. I helped organize outreach activities at local high schools and brought a guest panel of women in mathematics from the greater Boston area to Tufts to share their experience and advice.
- Girl's Angle is a Cambridge based non-profit which provides a safe space for middle and high school girls to explore mathematics. As president of the Tufts AWM, I brought Somerville High School students to Tufts University for an afternoon of math activities led by Girl's Angle president Kenneth Fan and assisted by members of the Tufts AWM group.
- The Poincare Institute for Math Education.