Online Gaming, PBEM Software, and Free Games
These are web pages devoted to sites that offer an online gaming experience, PBEM software or games that you can freely download for off-line computer play or create for board or card game play. The GLG hasn't tried all of these so use at your own risk.
- BrettspielWelt (aka BSW) This is a link to the English portal to this online euro-gaming site.
- Cold War Naval Battles Remember the old game of "Modern Naval Battles?" This is it and all the modules that came out. Revised rules too. It's essentially a DTP game but it's free. All you need is some time and some paper and scissors.
- CyberBoard This is free Windows software that makes playing board games by mail and electronic mail a more enjoyable experience.
- Grand Prix-Cision Racing Rob Latorre has brought to life a computer version of AH's Speed Circuit. But it's much more than that as it includes many, many variants and additional tracks. This is an excellent way of playing or practicing your SC skills. Plus, he's developed track builder software. All of this at a very low price.
- Hoplites This is a computer card game version of GMT's SPQR games. This is a very well done game with very good AI. It feels as if you are playing a card game. Highly recommended.
A no frills connection that works quite well. Includes a timer.
- MSN Gaming Zone
From card games like Cribbage and Hearts to connections for Age of Empires and Links LS golf.
- NetAcquire One of the ways to play this classic game over the internet.
- ONYX Formula PC A Web version of Formula de.
- Thoth Engine This is a PbWEB card tool (software) that allows you to play by email or use the engine as a "virtual tabletop" where two participants over the Net will use some custom decks.
- WarGame Processor Here's another Play by Mail engine (Windows software) for playing board wargames.
- World War II Online
You need to buy software in order to play this one. A very ambitious project.
Top of Page
Back to Index
Send comments, suggestions, and fan mail to:email@example.com
Page Last Updated: 3/21/06