Merideth Naomi Freiheit's Home Page
June 3rd, 1997 Mug Shot
Hi! I was born at 9:29 PM, Tuesday night the 6th of May, 1997. I was 7 lbs.
8.7 oz's and 21 inches long
You can look at my photo album (or
here for the latest).
I will put more here when I learn to type. (Or when my father gets more
- May 6th, 1997
- I was born in an incredibly short period of time (ten minutes
from 5 cm. to 10 cm.). Way to go Mom!
- I was suckling within minutes of birth, practically before
Daddy cut my umbilical cord!
- May 7th, 1997
- I have a good appetite.
- I am alert and trying to look around.
- As per the habit that I established before birth, I am most
active at night and sleep more during the day.
- I am somewhat fussy, I like to be held while I sleep.
- I lost weigth, but that is normal for babies just born.
- May 8th, 1997
- I came home from the hospital.
- My appetite continues to be good.
- Everybody likes me and wants to hold me. This is cool, but don't
get in my way when I want to eat!
- May 9th, 1997
- I started tracking hand movements and faces!
- I started pooping normal yellowish stuff! (Much better than that
nasty blackish stuff from the womb!)
- May 10th, 1997
- I'm finally sleeping for more than an hour. And boy, is mommy
happy about that. And if mommy is happy, then Daddy must be
- I had my first sponge bath at home, and it was rather fun.
- May 11th, 1997
- I have really gotten good at tracking things with my eyes, both
are focusing and following together.
- I have developed a fascination for black t-shirts with white
lettering. (Or is it a little early to start reading? :-)
- May 13th, 1997
- May 18th, 1997
- I went on my first walk. Daddy needed to buy milk.
- Grampa, Gramma, and Aunt Gretchen visited.
- May 20th, 1997
- I'm two weeks old today!
- I am starting to be able to hold my head up.
- Much to mommy's delight, I am beggining to sleep for 3 or 4
hours at a time!
- May 23rd, 1997
- I had my first checkup today. I'm 8 lbs, 6 oz. That's a weight
gain of over 10% since coming home from the hospital! The doctor
gave me a clean bill of health, except for a bit of infection
in my umbilical cord remnant.
- May 27th, 1997
- I'm three weeks old today!
- I can hold my head for a while, and look around with interest.
- Grampa and Gramma visited!
- June 3rd, 1997
- I'm four weeks old today!
- I can hold my head up, at least for a minute or so.
- I can focus on things a few feet away, now.
- Grampa and Gramma visited me again. Bearing gifts. Thank you!
Back to Daddy's Welcome Page.
Visit my brother Gabriel's Home Page.
Feedback and Comments.
Back to Daddy's home page.
Fritz Freiheit <email@example.com>
Copyright (C) 1997 by F.E. Freiheit IV
Created: May 9th, 1997
Updated: June 4th, 1997