Week 3, Monday Lecture Outline
- I. Key aspects of personality
- II. Variables of personality
- III. Relating personality to behavior
- IV. Ethics of personality evaluation
- dispositions make you special
- your dispositions are enduring
- stable patterns of behavior over time
- stable patterns of goals and needs over time
- your dispositions determine your behaviors
- Organizational goal:
- to know which dispositions produce desirable behaviors
- what determines behavior? Personality dispositions or organizational characteristics?
- low on neuroticism, high on extraversion
- high on neuroticism, low on agreeableness, low on conscientiousness
- high on neuroticism, low on conscientiousness, high on openness to experience
- objective (NEO-PI)
- projective (TAT)
- Two issues:
Return to slides.
Return to the Introduction to Organizational Psychology Home Page.
Contact the author via e-mail. Or send e-
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1996, The Regents of the University of Michigan,
All rights reserved.
Revised - January 25, 1997