Student / Faculty Collaboration
each according to his abilites, to each according to his needs."
- Karl Marx. Critique of the Gotha Program. 1875
- "The A.U.T.'s policy on staff-student relations should stand firmly on
the principle of a community of scholars."
- Harold Perkin. Key Profession: The History of the Association of University
- "Real work is better than homework."
- Eric Rabkin. See Eric S. Rabkin and Macklin Smith. Teaching Writing That
Works: A Group Approach to Practical English. 1990
Networked computing in the academic context creates a community in which
the real work of teaching often is research, and faculty become "a
hand in the band."