Sherif El-Tawil, PhD, PE
Professor and Associate Chair
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering | The University of Michigan
Made numerous invited presentations at conferences and Universities around the world including: various NSF workshops, Georgia Tech, Caltech, UIUC, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC San Diego, USC, UCLA, Purdue University, Louisiana State University, Warsaw University of Technology, Krakow University of Technology, Tokyo University, Osaka University, Kyoto University, Cairo University, etc. The most notable of these presentations are:
- "Advances in non-Proprietary UHPC," National Concrete Consortium, April 2016, Columbus, Ohio.
- Keynote Speaker, First International Conference on Advances in Civil Infrastructure Engineering (ICACIE 2012) to be held in Changsha, Hunan, China, Sep.14-16, 2012.
- "The New ASCE Recommended Seismic Design Provisions for Hybrid Coupled Walls," American Concrete Institute, 2006 Spring Convention, Charlotte, NC.
- "Computational Simulation of Structural System Response to Extreme Loading" Presented at Warsaw University of Technology and Krakow University of Technology during a tour of Poland in June 2005 (as part of an NSF-funded US-Poland cooperative research program).
- "Role of Nonlinear Analysis in Structural Engineering." Presented during a special ceremony at the 150th Anniversary of the American Society of Civil Engineers to commemorate the Norman Medal, the oldest award given by ASCE.
- "Behavior and Design of Hybrid Wall Systems", Presented at the NSF Sponsored US-Japan Workshop on Composite and Hybrid Systems, August 1st-3rd 1999, San Francisco, USA.
- "Seismic Behavior and Design of Hybrid Walls", Presented at the NSF Sponsored US-Japan Workshop on Composite and Hybrid Systems, October 5-7th 1998, Tokyo, Japan.
- "Seismic Analysis and Design of RCS Systems", Presented at Tokyo University, Osaka University and Kyoto University, Japan, Fall 1995.