Computational Quantum Many-Body Physics Group
We are the computational condensed matter physics group at the Physics department of the University of Michigan. We are part of the theoretical Condensed matter physics group at U of M, along with the groups of Kai Sun and Xiaoming Mao.
We work on strongly correlated quantum systems, quantum Monte Carlo, numerical algorithms for strongly correlated many-body systems and quantum many-body theory.
Information about our research, our members, and openings for graduate students and postdocs. We have Graduate student and Postdoc openings for 2015 and beyond!
Funding Provided by
US Department of Energy Early Career Award Sloan Foundation Sloan Research Fellow Oak Ridge ORAU Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award
The Simons collaboration on the many-electron problem has now officially been launched. More information at the Simons foundation! See also the Simons Foundation Awardee Spotlight about our research group.
Recent Publications and Preprints (rarely up to date)
- Superconducting Fluctuations in the Normal State of the Two-Dimensional Hubbard Model,
Xi Chen, J.P.F. LeBlanc, Emanuel Gull
- opendf - an implementation of the dual fermion method for strongly correlated systems,
Andrey E. Antipov, James P.F. LeBlanc, Emanuel Gull
- Mechanisms of finite temperature magnetism in the three-dimensional Hubbard model,
Daniel Hirschmeier, Hartmut Hafermann, Emanuel Gull, Alexander I. Lichtenstein, Andrey E. Antipov
- Continuous-time Quantum Monte Carlo using Worm Sampling ,
Patrik Gunacker, Markus Wallerberger, Emanuel Gull, Andreas Hausoel, Giorgio Sangiovanni, Karsten Held
- Solutions of the Two Dimensional Hubbard Model: Benchmarks and Results from a Wide Range of Numerical Algorithms,
J. P. F. LeBlanc, Andrey E. Antipov, Federico Becca, Ireneusz W. Bulik, Garnet Kin-Lic Chan, Chia-Min Chung, Youjin Deng, Michel Ferrero, Thomas M. Henderson, Carlos A. Jiménez-Hoyos, E. Kozik, Xuan-Wen Liu, Andrew J. Millis, N. V. Prokof'ev, Mingpu Qin, Gustavo E. Scuseria, Hao Shi, B. V. Svistunov, Luca F. Tocchio, I. S. Tupitsyn, Steven R. White, Shiwei Zhang, Bo-Xiao Zheng, Zhenyue Zhu, Emanuel Gull
- Pairing Glue in the Two Dimensional Hubbard Model,
Emanuel Gull and Andrew J. Millis
Phys. Rev. B 90, 041110(R) (2014)
- Green's functions from real-time bold-line Monte Carlo,
Guy Cohen, David R. Reichman, Andrew J. Millis, Emanuel Gull
Phys. Rev. B 89, 115139 (2014)
- Green's functions from real-time bold-line Monte Carlo: spectral properties of the nonequilibrium Anderson impurity model,
Guy Cohen, Emanuel Gull, David R. Reichman, Andrew J. Millis,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 146802 (2014)
- Critical Exponents of Strongly Correlated Fermion Systems from Diagrammatic Multi-Scale Methods,
Andrey E. Antipov, Emanuel Gull, Stefan Kirchner,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 226401 (2014)
- Thermodynamics and magnetic properties of the anisotropic 3D Hubbard model,
Jakub Imriška, Mauro Iazzi, Lei Wang, Emanuel Gull, Daniel Greif, Thomas Uehlinger, Gregor Jotzu, Leticia Tarruell, Tilman Esslinger, Matthias Troyer,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 115301 (2014).
- A comparative DMFT study of the eg-orbital Hubbard model in thin films,
Andreas Rüegg, Hsiang-Hsuan Hung, Emanuel Gull, Gregory A. Fiete,
Phys. Rev. B 89, 085122 (2014).