Office: 1859 East Hall
ecanton at umich dot edu
I am a Parekh Family Fellow and postdoctoral assistant professor at the University of Michigan.
I work in algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, with a focus on:
My postdoctoral mentor is Mattias Jonsson. I finished my Ph.D. at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln in 2018, where I was advised by Wenliang Zhang.
- log discrepancies and the structure Berkovich spaces;
- volumes of singularities and K-stability;
- multiplier ideals, test ideals, and F-singularities;
- positivity and vanishing theorems;
- local cohomology.
You can view my CV.
Publications and Submitted Articles
- "Berkovich log discrepancies in positive characteristic"
Updated July 2018. Submitted.
- "A note on injectivity of Frobenius on local cohomology of global complete intersections"
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, Vol. 220, Issue 8, August 2016. pp. 2879-2885
- "On the behavior of singularities near the F-pure threshold"
Joint with Daniel J. Hernández, Karl Schwede, and Emily E. Witt.
Illinois Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 60, No. 3-4, Fall and Winter 2016. pp. 669-685.
- "Relating F-signature and F-splitting ratio of pairs using left derivatives"
Undergraduate thesis, advised by Karl Schwede. This has been partially incorporated into the paper on behavior of singularities near the F-pure threshold.
- In Winter 2019, I'm teaching Math 487: Algebra and Number Theory for Secondary Teachers.
- In Fall 2018, I taught Math 385: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers.
I co-organized KUMUNUjr 2015, 2016, and
Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics (NCUWM)
I was on the organizing committee for
NCUWM 2018, which took place January 25-28, 2018 in Lincoln, NE.
I wrote some Macaulay2 code that can be used for
exploration of F-signatures of pairs. It has essentially been incorporated