I'm a research scientist on the Facebook Data Science team.
I do empirical research on peer effects and information diffusion in networks. I completed my Ph.D. in Information at the University of Michigan in 2011 under the guidance of Lada Adamic.
- Uncertainty in Online Experiments with Dependent Data: An Evaluation of Bootstrap Methods. Eytan Bakshy & Dean Eckles. KDD 2013.
- Selection Effects in Online Sharing: Consequences for Peer Adoption. Sean J. Taylor, Eytan Bakshy, Sinan Aral. EC 2013.
- Quantifying the Invisible Audience in Social Networks. Michael Bernstein, Eytan Bakshy, Moira Burke, Brian Karrer. CHI 2013.
- Social Influence in Social Advertising: Evidence from Field Experiments. Eytan Bakshy, Dean Eckles, Rong Yan, Itamar Rosenn. EC 2012.
- The Role of Social Networks in Information Diffusion. Eytan Bakshy, Itamar Rosenn, Cameron A. Marlow, Lada A. Adamic. WWW 2012.
- Center of Attention: How Facebook Users Allocate Attention across Friends. Lars Backstrom, Eytan Bakshy, Jon Kleinberg, Thomas M. Lento, Itamar Rosenn. ICWSM 2011.
- Everyone's an Influencer: Quantifying Influence on Twitter. Eytan Bakshy, Jake M. Hofman, Winter A. Mason, Duncan J. Watts. WSDM 2011.
- Social Influence and the Diffusion of User-Contributed Content Eytan Bakshy, Brian Karrer, Lada A. Adamic. EC 2009.
Working papers (email me for drafts):
Facebook Data Science Page posts and press:
- Advanced Online Experimentation with PlanOut. Eytan Bakshy, Dean Eckles, Michael Bernstein.
- Bias in Observational Studies of Social Contagion. Dean Eckles & Eytan Bakshy.
For a complete list of publications, see my CV and Google Scholar.
I also have a (no longer updated) but super pretty homepage can be found here .