- "The Role of Inventories and Speculative Trading in the Global Market for Crude Oil" (with Lutz Kilian, forthcoming, Journal of Applied Econometrics )
- "Why Agnostic Sign Restrictions Are Not Enough: Understanding the Dynamics of Oil Market VAR Models" (with Lutz Kilian), Journal of the European Economic Association (2012), 10(5): 1166-1188.
- "Why Do Boomers Plan To Work Longer?" (with Gordon Mermin and Richard Johnson), Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences (2007), 62B(5): S286-S294
- "Why are Goods and Services more Expensive in Rich Countries? Demand Complementarities and Cross-Country Price Differences" (Job Market Paper)
- "Does a Rising Tide Lift All Boats? Welfare Consequences of Asymmetric Growth"
- "How Does Government Spending Stimulate Consumption?"
- "Urban Density and the Substitution of Market Purchases for Home Production"
- "A Shopkeeper Economy"