How to set up a network between two computers
- Connect the two computers with a crossover cable or "nul
modem" cable. You cannot use the kind of cable that connects your computer to
something other than a computer.
- Go to Control Panel and open the Network Set-Up Wizard
- In the "Welcome to Network Set-up Wizard" click "Next>"
- Click next again (it is nice to have one computer
connected to the internet, but you don’t have to)
- Put a check in the box that says "ignore disconnected
- Click “Next>” and click the radio button for "Other" as
in the screen shot below:
7. Click "Next>" and click on
"This computer belongs to a network that does not have an internet connection,"
as shown in the box below:
8Click "Next>" through the next
boxes of the Internet set-up wizard and the wizard will automatically configure
your computer to connect to the other computer.