Selected Papers & Technical Reports
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the use of unpublished papers or papers with limited distribution for purposes beyond personal reading. For published reports, please visit the publisher's website for uses of these reports beyond what is covered under "fair use." (For more information about fair use, go to the fair use section of the Copyright Clearance Center website)
- Ball, D. L. & Bass, H. (2009). With an eye on the mathematical horizon: Knowing mathematics for teaching to learners’ mathematical futures. Paper prepared based on keynote address at the 43rd Jahrestagung für Didaktik der Mathematik held in Oldenburg, Germany, March 1 – 4, 2009.
publication listing »
- Learning Mathematics for Teaching Project. (2010). Measuring the mathematical quality of instruction. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education. Advance online publication. doi:10.1007/s10857-010-9140-1
publication listing »
- Stylianides, A.J. & Ball, D.L. (2004). Studying the mathematical knowledge needed for teaching: The case of teachers' knowledge of reasoning and proof. Paper prepared for the 2004 Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Diego, CA, April 14, 2004.
- Ball, D. L. (2001). Developing a mathematically proficient public: What are the problems, what do we know about them, and what would it take to solve them? Paper prepared for the Aspen Institute congressional conference on "Promoting Excellence in the New Economy: The Challenges to National Policy," St. Petersburg, Florida, February 16 -19, 2001.
- Cohen, D. K. & Ball, D. L. (1999). Instruction, capacity, and improvement. (CPRE Research Report No. RR-043). Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania, Consortium for Policy Research in Education (CPRE).
- Kennedy, M. M., Ball, D. L., & McDiarmid, G. W. (1993). A study package for examining and tracking changes in teachers' knowledge (Technical Series 93-1). East Lansing, Michigan: The National Center for Research on Teacher Education.
The National Center for Research on Teacher Education.
(PDF) | publication listing »