Awards and Recognition
(See Press Clippings page
- Google 3D Warehouse, "Google Picks" then go to "Cities in
to see textured models of downtown Ann Arbor buildings.
- 3D Atlas of Ann Arbor, Version
2. Google Earth Community, ranked a "Top 20 Rated Post"
on Entrance page, December 8, 2006.
- 3D Atlas of Ann Arbor, Version 2.
Rated a 5 globe production (top score) in
Google Earth Community, November 2006.
- Sandra L. Arlinghaus and William C. Arlinghaus, Spatial Synthesis
Summer 2004. Semi-Finalist, Pirelli
2003 INTERNETional Award Competition.
- Sandra Lach Arlinghaus, recipient, The President's
March 11, 2004.
A. Nystuen, won the 2003 Medwin Prize in Acoustical Oceanography
by the Acoustical Society of America.
The citation was "for the innovative use of sound to measure rainfall
and type at sea". It is awarded to a young/mid-career scientist
work demonstrates the effective use of sound in the discovery and
of physical and biological parameters and processes in the sea.
- Sandra L.
William C. Arlinghaus, and Frank Harary. Graph Theory and
an Interactive View (eBook), published by John Wiley
and Sons, New York, April 2002. Finished as a Finalist in the
Pirelli INTERNETional Award Competition (in the top 20 of over 1200
- Solstice, Semi-Finalist, Pirelli 2001 INTERNETional
in the Environmental Publishing category.
- Solstice, article about it by Ivars Peterson in Science
25 January, 1992..
- Solstice, article about it by Joe Palca, Science
29 November, 1991.
Solstice: An Electronic Journal
of Geography and
Institute of Mathematical Geography, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Volume XVII, Number 2.