Gaunt/Gauntt/Gant/Gantt Families Bibliography
Early Gaunt/Gant lines
- Peter GAUNT/GAUNTT, b. c1608 in England, immigrated to Massachusettes about 1630
- Thomas GAUNT/GANTT, immigrated to Maryland about 1654
- John GENT/GANT who left a will in Isle of Wight Co., Virginia dated 1727
- Two of Grandmother Sarah Jane FLANIGAN's sisters who married two GAUNT brothers in St Marys, Ontario in 1882 and they had extensive families. This GAUNT family was one of the earliest settlers in Perth County, Ontario and the brothers parents came directly from Co. Cork Ireland in about 1836.
Contact: Thomas J. Hunter
Books about Gaunt/Gant/Gent
Peter Gaunt, 1610-1680, and Some of His Descendants
- by David L. GAUNTT. about 600 pages. Publisher: Gloucester County Historical Society, 17 Hunter Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096-4605; phone: 609/845-4771. about $40 postpaid.
Gaunt-Gantt Family, Some of the descendants of Peter Gaunt of Sandwich, Massachusetts
- by Mary Chalfant ORMSBEE, 1983. On microfiche (3 sheets), number 6088333, from the Family History Libraries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
John Gant, ca. 1713-1783, of Virginia and North Carolina
- by Clifford L. GANT, 400+ pages, privately published by Clifford Gant. Gedcom of this line is available online at:
"Peter Gaunt of Sandwich, Mass" by McLean. Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol 62, No 4 December 1974.
Back to the Gaunt/Gauntt/Gant/Gantt Families Page