Office: East Hall 1836
Email: canc at umich dot edu
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Applied & Interdisciplinary Mathematics program and a Master's student in the Electrical & Computer Engineering program, at University of Michigan. I am also a member of (Cell & Genome) Reprogramming Lab, at University of Michigan, Medical School.
I am interested in control theory, numerical analysis, network theory, and computational biology. Currently, I am working with Dr. Anthony Bloch, Dr. Indika Rajapakse, and Dr. Amit Surana, on data-guided control of multiway dynamical systems.
I will join the Dr. Yang-Yu Liu's team at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard University as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Fall 2021.
I received my B.S., Summa Cum Laude, in Mathematics with minor in Statistics, at the University of California, Irvine in 2016.
Thesis: Two Branched Cell Lineages for Proliferative Control, supervised by Dr. John Lowengrub.
- C. Chen, A. Surana, A. M. Bloch, and I. Rajapakse. "Multilinear Time Invariant System Theory." Proceedings of the SIAM Conference on Control and its Applications, pp. 118-125, 2019. [Article]
- C. Chen, A. Surana, A. M. Bloch, and I. Rajapakse. "Data-Driven Model Reduction for Multilinear Control Systems via Tensor Trains." arXiv:1912.03569, 2019.
- C. Chen, and I. Rajapakse. "Tensor Entropy for Uniform Hypergraphs." IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 2889-2900, 2020. [Article]
- C. Chen, A. Surana, A. M. Bloch, and I. Rajapakse. "Multilinear Control Systems Theory." SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 749–776, 2021. [Article]
- C. Chen, A. Surana, A. M. Bloch, and I. Rajapakse. "Controllability of Hypergraphs." IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering (early access), 2021. [Article]
- S. Lindsly, W. Jia, H. Chen, S. Liu, S. Ronquist, C. Chen, X. Wen, G. A. Dotson, C. W. Ryan, G S. Omenn, S. Li, M. Wicha, A. Rehemtulla, L. A. Muir, and I. Rajapakse. "Functional Organization of the Maternal and Paternal Human 4D Nucleome." bioRxiv, 2020.
- G. A. Dotson, C. W. Ryan, C. Chen, L. A. Muir, and I. Rajapakse. "Cellular Reprogramming: Mathematics Meets Medicine." Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Systems Biology and Medicine (early view), 2020. [Article]
- P. Sweeney*, C. Chen*, I. Rajapakse, R. D. Cone. "Network Dynamics of Hypothalamic Feeding Neurons." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 118, no. 14, pp. e2011140118, 2021. [Article]
- S. Lindsly, C. Chen, S. Ronquist, S. Liu, M. Perlman, and I. Rajapakse. "4DNvestigator: a Toolbox for the Analysis of Time Series Hi-C and RNA-seq Data." Nucleus (author version), 2021. [Article]
* indicates first co-author.
- DMD Based Control of Multiway Dynamical Systems, SIAM Conference on Applications on Dynamical Systems, May 2019.
- Multilinear Time Invariant System Theory, SIAM Conference on Control and its Applications, June 2019.
- Controllability of Hypergraphs, SIAM Conference on Control and its Applications, June 2021.
- C. Chen, B. Lu, J. Liang, and H. O. Singer. "Asymptotically Efficient Adaptive Allocation Rules." EECS 558 Stochastic Control, Fall 2017.
- C. Chen. "A Review of Control System Analysis and Design via the ''Second Method" of Lyapunov: I - Continuous Time Systems." EECS 562 Nonlinear Control, Winter 2018.
- C. Chen, Y. Liu, P. Paquet, and J. Connolly. "Manifold Learning in Differentiating Cancer Cells." EECS 545 Machine Learning, Fall 2018.
- C. Chen, X. Yang, Z. Zhu, R. Hwang, and P. Paquet. "A Survey of Reinforcement Learning Methods in Stock Trading Games." EECS 598 Special Topic: Deep Learning, Winter 2019.
- C. Chen, B. Yang, and M. Li. "Complexity Analysis of Computing Piecewise Quadratic Lyapunov Functions for Switched Linear Systems." EECS 563 Hybrid Control, Fall 2020.