Office: East Hall 1836
Email: canc at umich dot edu
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Applied & Interdisciplinary Mathematics program and a Master's student in the Electrical & Computer Engineering program, at University of Michigan. I am also a member of (Cell & Genome) Reprogramming Lab, at University of Michigan, Medical School.
I am interested in control theory, numerical analysis, network theory and bioinformatics. Currently, I am working with Dr. Anthony Bloch, Dr. Indika Rajapakse and Dr. Amit Surana, on data-guided control of multiway dynamical systems.
I received my B.S., Summa Cum Laude, in Mathematics with minor in Statistics, at the University of California, Irvine in 2016.
Thesis: Two Branched Cell Lineages for Proliferative Control, supervised by Dr. John Lowengrub.
- Multilinear Time Invariant System Theory, with Amit Surana, Anthony Bloch, Indika Rajapakse, Proceedings of SIAM Conference on Control and its Applications (2019), pp. 118-125. [Article][Arxiv]
- Tensor Entropy for Uniform Hypergraphs, with Indika Rajapakse, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, vol. 7, no. 4 (2020), pp. 2889-2900. [Article] [Arxiv]
- Multilinear Control Systems Theory, with Amit Surana, Anthony Bloch, Indika Rajapakse, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization (accepted to appear). [Arxiv]
- Controllability of Hypergraphs, with Amit Surana, Anthony Bloch, Indika Rajapakse (preprint). [Arxiv]
- Data-Driven Model Reduction for Multilinear Control Systems via Tensor Trains, with Amit Surana, Anthony Bloch, Indika Rajapakse (preprint). [Arxiv]
- Cellular Reprogramming: Mathematics Meets Medicine, with Gabrielle Dotson, Charles Ryan, Lindsey Muir, Indika Rajapakse, WIREs Systems Biology and Medicine (2020). [Article]
- Functional Organization of the Maternal and Paternal Human 4D Nucleome, with Stephen Lindsly, Wenlong Jia, Haiming Chen, Sijia Liu, Scott Ronquist, et al. (preprint). [BioRxiv]
- Network Dynamics of Hypothalamic Feeding Neurons, with Sweeney Patrick, Roger Cone, Indika Rajapakse (submitted).
- DMD Based Control of Multiway Dynamical Systems, SIAM Conference on Applications on Dynamical Systems, Snowbird, Utah, May 2019. [Drive]
- Multilinear Time Invariant System Theory, SIAM Conference on Control and its Application, Chengdu, China, June 2019. [Drive]
- Asymptotically Efficient Adaptive Allocation Rules, with Bo Lu, Jiaxin Liang, Henry Oskar Singer, EECS 558 Stochastic Control, Fall 2017. [Drive]
- A Review of Control System Analysis and Design via the ''Second Method" of Lyapunov: I - Continuous Time Systems, EECS 562 Nonlinear Control, Winter 2018. [Drive]
- Manifold Learning in Differentiating Cancer Cells, with Yuting Liu, Peter Paquet, James Connolly, EECS 545 Machine Learning, Fall 2018. [Drive]
- A Survey of Reinforcement Learning Methods in Stock Trading Games, with Xinyue Yang, Zeyuan Zhu, Royce Hwang, Peter Paquet, EECS 598 Special Topic: Deep Learning, Winter 2019. [Drive]
- Complexity Analysis of Computing Piecewise Quadratic Lyapunov Functions for Switched Linear Systems, with Bingwen Yang, Ming Li, EECS 563 Hybrid Control, Fall 2020. [Drive]
- Math 105: Data, Functions and Graphs (Fall 2016, Winter 2017)
- Math 115: Calculus I (Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Fall 2018, Fall 2019, Fall 2020)
- Math 216: Introduction to Differential Equations (Winter 2020)