2108B School of Education
610 East University AvenueAnn Arbor, MI 48109-1259
Tel: (734) 647-8366
- Fredrik Andersson, Elizabeth Davis, Matthew L. Freedman, Julia I. Lane, Brian P. McCall, L. Kristin Sandusky, 2012, “Decomposing the Sources of Earnings Inequality: Assessing the Role of Reallocation,” Industrial Relations, 51(4): 779-810.
- Brian P. McCall and Robert Bielby, 2012, “Regression Discontinuity Design: Recent Developments and a Guide to Practice for Researchers in Higher Education,” in John Smart and Michael Paulsen (Ed.) Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research XXVII, 249-290.
- Stephen L. DesJardins, Brian P. McCall, Molly Ott and Jiyun Kim, 2010 "A Quasi-Experimental Investigation of How the Gates Millennium Scholars Program Affects College Students’ Time Use and Activities," Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 32(4):456-475.
- Stephen L. DesJardins, and Brian P. McCall, 2010, "Simulating the Effects of Financial Aid Packages on
College Student Stopout, Reenrollment Spells, and
Graduation Chances," Review of Higher Education, 33:513-541.
Jiyun Kim, Stephen L. DesJardins, and Brian P. McCall, 2009, “Exploring the Effects of Student Expectations about Financial Aid on Postsecondary Choice: A Focus on Income and Racial/Ethnic Differences,” Research in Higher Education, 50: 741-774.
Avner Ben-Ner, Brian P. McCall, Massoud Stephane, and Hua Wang, 2009, “Identity and In-Group and Out-Group Differentiation in Work and Giving Behaviors: Experimental Evidence,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 72: 153-170.
- David Card and Brian P. McCall, 2009, “When to Start a Fight and When to Fight Back: Liability Disputes in the Worker’s Compensation System,” Journal of Labor Economics, 27:149-178.
- Brian Jacob, Brian McCall and Kevin M. Stange, 2013. "College as Country Club: Do Colleges Cater to Students’ Preferences for Consumption?," NBER Working Papers 18745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeongeun Kim, Jiyun Kim, Stephen L. DesJardins and Brian P. McCall, 2012, "Taking Algebra II in High School: Does it Increase College Access and Success?", University of Michigan, mimeo.
- Brian P. McCall and Alfredo Sosa, 2012, “The Effect of Course Taking Behavior During High School on Academic Achievement and College Access and Choice,” University of Michigan, mimeo.
- Stephen L. DesJardins and Brian P. McCall, 2009, “The Impact of the Gates Millennium Scholars Program on the Retention, College Finance- and Work-Related Choices, and Future Educational Aspirations of Low-Income Students,” mimeo.
- Brian P. McCall and John J.McCall, 2008, The Economics of Search. Routledge: London.
- Associate Editor, Economics of Education Review, 2007-
Current Dissertation Committees
- Breno Braga, Economics, member
- Uniko Chen, Economics, member
- David Knapp, Economics, member
- Laura Zimmerman, Economics, member
- Rob Bielby, Education, member
- Emily House, Education, chair
- Anna Kroth, Education, co-chair
- Andres Martinez, Education, co-chair
- James Webb, Education, member
- Krystal Williams, Education, member
Recently Completed PhD's
- Dan Leeds, Economics, 2013, co-chair (Michigan Department of Education)
- Pawel Krolikowski, Economics, 2013, member (Institute for Social Research, Post-doc)
- Italo Gutierrez, Economics, 2013, member (Rand Corporation)
- Elena Spatoulas Patel, Economics, 2013, member (Office of Tax Analysis, U.S. Dept. of Treasury
- Ryan Nunn, Economics, 2012, member (Office of Economic Analysis, U.S. Dept. of Treasury)
- Joe Waddington, Education, 2012, chair (University of Notre Dame, Post-doc)
- William MacMillan, Political Science, 2012, member (Washington University, St. Louis, Post-doc)
- Jongyearn Lee, Economics, 2012, member (Korea Development Institute)
- Jiyun Kim, Education, 2011, chair (Ministry of Education, Science & Technology, Korea)
- Molly Ott, Education, 2011, member (Arizona State University)
- Ozan Jaquette, Education, 2011, member (University of Arizona)
- Todd Pugatch, Economics, 2011, chair (Oregon State University)
- Lijing Yang, Education, 2011, member (University of Georgia, Post-doc)
- Stephan Lindner, Economics, 2011, member (Urban Institute)