Brad Lehman's MennoLink Intro
31-Jan-96, updated 20-Aug-97 and 12-Dec-02
See also my complete resume and
home page, where many of the
following entries are hyperlinked more usefully.
(Dr.) Bradley Lehman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mennonite Game Dada:
My spouse: Gloria Rhodes
Our daughter: Afton Elisabeth Rhodes-Lehman, b 11/27/02
Our non-human companions: Zade, Tobit, Rogan, Fianna
My parents and siblings: Maurice Lehman and Carol (Histand) Lehman, Michelle Lehman, Tammy Lehman (all of Goshen IN)
My grandparents: Willis Lehman and Sarean (Amstutz) Lehman,
Nelson Histand and Eunice May (Gingerich) Histand
My aunts and uncles: Marian Schwabbauer, Delores Friesen, John Histand,
Cathy Lichti, Stan Histand, Tim Histand, Jim Histand,
Donovan Lehman, James O Lehman, Chester Lehman, John
Lehman, Paul Lehman, Marjean Lehman, LuAnne Hatter,
Steve Lehman, Bonnie Geiser
Home congregation: Community Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg VA
Mennonite schooling: Bethany Christian High School, class of 82; Goshen College, class of 86
Academic Game Dada (see also my resume):
composing, conducting, organ, fortepiano, piano,
clavichord, singing, recorder, krummhorn, triangle, cymbals
(bad), timpani (worse), marimba (well, somebody had to play it),
bass drum, snare (couldn't execute a paradiddle if my life
depended on it), tambourine (I like playing the jingles by themselves),
viola (hideous), guitar (the less said the
better), autoharp (tuned in 1/4 comma meantone, yum), kazoo (we did "Cool in the Furnace"),
keyboard temperament theorist, ....
Current positions: Applications developer, EPOS;
freelance musician; author; composer; etc.
A.Mus.D., harpsichord, University of Michigan, 1994
M.M., early keyboard instruments, University of Michigan, 1992
A.M., musicology, University of Michigan, 1992
B.A., music and mathematics (& church music minor), Goshen College, 1986
Other Points of View, er, Aspects (see also my miscellany page):
- Compiler of a complete concordance to Hymnal: A Worship Book
- Composer of six hymns in that hymnal
- Life Master, American Contract Bridge League
- Developer of a bridge-player rating system currently in use worldwide
- Really Nice Guy
- Used to be able to solve Rubik's Cube in under a minute, but now I
spend my time playing "The Art of Fugue" instead: it's more satisfying
- A fan of Steven Spielberg's "Pinky and the Brain"
- Often too verbose, but only in writing; tend to be taciturn "in person" or on the phone
- My Costa Rican host family (Goshen College Study-Service Trimester,
summer 1985) told me I was the "most Mennonite" of all the dozens of
students they had had, because I sat around the house reading
instead of going out dancing and drinking. I think they were trying
to tell me euphemistically that I was boring.
- I've eaten Oreo cookies in Ross Bender's kitchen.
- My dung bunny's name is Whinny the Poo.
- The flag in the harbor background of the opening sequence of
"Gilligan's Island," black and white first season, is at half mast
because that scene was filmed the same day Kennedy was shot.
- The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace where
hydrogen is built into helium at a temperature of millions of degrees.
Yo ho, it's hot; the sun is not a place where we could live, but
here on Earth there'd be no life without the light it gives.
- This sentence was true until you looked at it, but now it's false.
For the fuller story, plus a whole bunch of useful WWW links and a list of
all my hymns, see