Miscellaneous interests of the BPL
- My wife,
- Our cats: Scheherazade, Tobit, and Rogan.
- Harpsichords, my field of doctoral study (completed 1994).
- Making clavichord recordings.
- Purcell Chacony arranged for keyboard.
- Experimenting with keyboard temperaments.
- I write hymns, and compiled this hymnal concordance.
- The Shenandoah Valley...I'm helping to compile this
Harrisonburg/Rockingham County website.
- Learning about Ireland
(co-leading a group there Sept-Dec 1998)
- The game of
Bridge (I'm an ACBL
(I wrote a rating
system for it).
I play regularly at the Harrisonburg Duplicate Bridge Club,
and occasionally in Waynesboro.
In an odd moment, I've analyzed that old joke about how sex is like bridge.
- Listening to LP's and CD's, mostly classical
(yup, pretty much the entire repertoire 1200-present) and jazz (especially
- Listening to the radio.
- E-mail with friends.
- E-mail discussion groups of
Mennonites (see also my
and Glenn Gould.
- Making up things about Rosannadanna of the
- Internet technology research and development.
- A pictorial tour
of Costa Rica,
where I spent a college term in 1985. (These aren't
my own pictures.)
- The lyrics of the original
Gilligan's Island theme from the pilot episode. Horrible.
- Speaking of lyrics, here's a disputed point:
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau's French toast.
- My larger hotlist with hundreds more nifty things (some links
are probably obsolete).
- See also the
occupations and diversions page.
Here I am as a Bremen Town Musician (June 1997):
I'm apparently not yet as famous as any of
contemporaries of mine
born the same year.
Here is a
different Dr. Brad Lehman with different accomplishments. No known
I'm also not one of the Brad Lehmans referred to here
And furthermore, I did not win this beef