John D. Kalbfleisch Collegiate Professor of Biostatistics
Chair of Biostatistics
Professor of Epidemiology
Professor of Global Public Health
The University of Michigan School of Public
Associate Director of Cancer Control and Population
The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer
Department of Biostatistics
School of Public Health
University of Michigan
1420 Washington Heights
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2029
Office : SPH II M 4208
Office Phone: (734) 764-6544
Fax: (734) 763-2215
Department of Statistics,
Purdue University, 2001.
M.S. in Mathematical Statistics and Probability,
Department of Statistics,
Purdue University 1999.
M.Stat with specialization in Applied Statistics and Data Analysis,
The Indian Statistical Institute,
B.Sc in Statistics,
Presidency College (Now Presidency University), Kolkata, 1994.
Courses Taught at Michigan:
- BIOSTAT 503: Introduction to Biostatistics: Course site accessible via canvas
- BIOSTAT 695: Analysis of Categorical Data: Course site accessible via canvas
- BIOSTAT 699: Biostatistical Investigations: Course site accessible via canvas
- BIOSTAT 553: Applied Biostatistics: Course site accessible via canvas
- BIOSTAT 698/EPID 815: Modern Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
Analysis of Electronic Health Records and Biobank Data
Shrinkage and Selection Problems
Bayesian Modeling and Inference
Cancer, Reproductive, Cardiovascular Epidemiology and Environmental Health
Selected Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Department of Statistics, Purdue University, 1998.
- I.W.Burr Award for outstanding doctoral student, Department of Statistics, Purdue University, 2001.
- John G. Searle Assistant Professorship, Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan, 2008-2009.
- Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute, 2011.
- Excellence in Teaching award: School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 2012.
- Fellow of the American Statistical Association, 2012.
- Outstanding Alumni Award, Department of Statistics, Purdue University, 2012.
- Outstanding Young Investigator Award in Statistical Applications Category, The International Indian Statistical Association, 2014.
- Faculty Recognition Award, University of Michigan, 2015.
- John D. Kalbfleisch Collegiate Professorship, University of Michigan, 2015.
- Gertrude Cox Award, Washington Statistical Society, 2016.
- Fellow of the American Association for Advancement of Sciences, 2018.
- University of Michigan Distinguished Faculty Achievement Awards, 2018.
Editorial Board (Past and Present)
Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
Journal of preventive Medicine
International Statistical Review
video for Dr. Rod Little's Biostat 503 online course