Just some of the things I've missed lately:
- A top Bushie official resigned last week, and was arrested yesterday in conjunction with the Jack Abramoff scandal, which I think is related to the Tom DeLay scandal, which is in turn related to pretty much every other scandal. But this recently arrested Bushie, David H. Safavian, is someone I've never heard of. On the other hand...
- If this guy is to be believed, grand jury indictments of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Ted Olson, John Ashcroft, Scooter Libby, Condoleezza Rice and others have been prepared, but are currently being held back by courthouse intrigue in Chicago. You may have heard of some of those crooks.
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez gave a rousing speech to the UN on Friday, denouncing aWol for his war in Iraq and his handling of Katrina.
- British soldiers and Iraqi police are apparently at war with each other in Basra.
- US military deaths in Iraq now stand at 1904, at least officially. That works out to, let's see, 1904/0=infinity: the ratio of military deaths to weapons of mass destruction found. The lie about WMD's seems to have been the only WMD there was. Add in the embassy officials and contractors/mercenaries killed, and the ratio is still infinity.
- Oil futures are back over $67 a barrel, and gasoline futures are back over $2 a gallon.
- One Democrat is actually taking a stand against Judge John Oral Pat Roberts(on).