Presidential Debate: A Community Response
If you're local, come join us! From the AAACP:
Friday October 8
Angell Hall Auditorum B on the University of Michigan Campus.
Co-sponsored by AAACP and U-M Residential College.
The public and press are invited to watch the second presidential debate on large-screen TVs (debate begins at 9 pm) and listen to responses by a panel of local experts. Desserts provided.
- Javed Nazir, U-M Visiting Professor of Journalism, on foreign policy & the Iraq War.
- Bob King, Vice President of United Auto Workers, on health care policy.
- Linda Carter, President of Ann Arbor Education Association, on education.
- Ronald Woods, EMU Professor of African American Studies, on domestic social policy issues.
- Tom Weisskopf, Director of U-M Residential College and Professor of Economics, on the economy.