- That on September 11, 2001, 19 hijackers flew airplanes into American buildings, killing approximately 2900 people.
- That these hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates, all of which were and are U.S. allies.
- That none of these hijackers came from either Afghanistan or Iraq (or Iran or Syria or North Korea or Cuba or Venezuela, for that matter).
- That the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq were both planned long before 9/11.
- That George W. Bush continued reading to school children after he learned that the country was under attack, endangering both himself and the children.
- That Bush expected the Taliban, armed with their Nissan pickups and AK-47's, to expel Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda from Afghanistan within a period of about two weeks, whereas the U.S. military, with its planes, helicopters, Hummers, Predators, satellite photos, and so on, in two-and-a-half years has yet to capture Osama or completely remove al Qaeda.
- That the Taliban and Saddam Hussein's Baathist regime in Iraq were brutal and totalitarian.
- That the same can be said for Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, and dozens of other countries around the world, including many U.S. allies.
- That Afghanistan lies between the huge oil and natural gas reserves in the Caspian region and the ports of Pakistan, and that American companies had been trying to negotiate with the Taliban to build pipelines through the country for years.
- That without the war on terror, George W. Bush would be just like his father--a failure.
- That with the war on terror, George W. Bush is a MASSIVE failure, responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people in various parts of the world, an enormous deficit, the destruction of decades of development of international law, and the erosion of civil liberties in this country.