SCENES FROM BATTLE OF HYDASPES
PICTURES TAKEN OCTOBER, 1999 AT THE "PRO OR CON" CONVENTION, WESTLAND MICHIGAN. GAME RUN BY BOB BEATTIE AND STEVE ROPER.
THIS IS A DBA GAME BUT THE ELEMENTS ARE DOUBLE BASED EXCEPT FOR THE ELEPHANTS AND CHARIOTS TO GIVE A DENSER LOOK. SINGLE ELEMENTS WERE GLUED TO A PIECE OF DOUBLE SIZE CARD. WE DID NOT REBASE ALL THE FIGS :) ALL RULES WERE NORMAL BUT THE DOUBLE ELEMENTS RECOILED ONLY ONE RANK
|1. Tod Kershner (of "Warfare in the Age of Reason" fame) looks over field of his first DBA game.|
2. In early bounds, Psiloi attack elephants (and flee :)
3. Macedonian cavalry led by Alexander on leopard skin saddle attack Indian left wing.
4. Results of Alexander's attack
5. Mid-point of battle: pikes have defeated most elephants and now are attacking Bows.
6. Tod and son seem confident even though Tod's flank has collapsed. Younger general has turned Macedonian left flank!
7. End of Indian left flank
8. Near end of Macedonian left flank
|THE GAMEMASTERS: BOB AND STEVE|