Participatory Research Bunyan Bryant, Ph.D.
PARTICIPATORY RESEARCH LINKS
- Action Evaluation Research Initiative
a participatory assessment process, seeking to merge good practice with good theory.
- Action Inquiry Network
specialty is applying action inquiry in contexts where individuals seek to become more effective at using emerging Internet technologies
- Action Learning, Action Research and Process Management Association (ALARPM)
a strategic network of people interested or involved in using action learning or action research to generate collaborative learning, research and action to transform
- Action Research at Queen's University
a range of materials from Action Research activities in the Faculty of Education at Queen's University
- Action Research Resources
maintained by Bob Dick at Southern Cross University, Australia
- Campus Outreach Opportunity League
Has sponsored a number of PAR projects, and hosted a PAR session at the 1996 annual conference
- Centre for Action Research in Professional Practice
University of Bath : School of Management : Research Centres : CARPP
- Collaborative Action Research Network
an international network of a large number of individuals who share a common interest in carrying out research as an integral part of their working practice
- Communications as Engagement
The Millennium Report to the Rockefeller Foundation
- Community Research Network
democratizing science: based on the Dutch Science Shop Concept
- Companion Resource Listing: The Actors of Revitalization
profiles 237 organizations and initiatives, across the 14 categories of the architecture, with contact information followed by brief program descriptions.
- Cornell Program on Environmental Conflict Management
a forum for education and training
- Guidelines and categories for classifying participatory research in health promotion
Discusses guidelines and categories for classifying participatory research projects in health promotion.
- Institute of Development Studies (IDS) PRA Pages
information relating to Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA)
- International Association for Public Participation
focuses on practical experience designing and conducting public involvement programs
- Loka Institute
a non-profit research and advocacy organization concerned with the social, political, and environmental repercussions of science and technology
- Participatory research and adaptive natural resource management pages
Working cooperatively with land managers, communities and policy makers to help the identification and introduction of more sustainable resource management practices
- Policy Research Action Group (PRAG)
PRAG consists of Chicago-based academics and community activists who have been building a collaborative research network to better link research and grassroots activism
- Society of Symbolic Interaction (SSI)
a social science professional organization of scholars interested in qualitative, especially interactionist, research
- Stanford Learning Organization Web (SLOW)
an informal network of Stanford researchers, staff, and students along with colleagues and friends from the corporate world interested in the nature and development of learning organizations
- The Institute of Formal Social Sciences
By basing metaphysics on mathematics, and social science on metaphysics, rendering empirical sciences into exact sciences.
- War-Torn Societies Project, UNRISD / Global Forum on Post-Conflict Rebuilding
uses participatory action research methods, and has field projects in Eritrea, Mozambique, Somalia and Guatemala
- Women's Research Centre
We are a community-based, feminist organization founded in Vancouver, Canada in 1973. We have published guides on action research, strategy development evaluation methods,violence against women, and economic issues such as pay equity.