U of M Department of Economics
611 Tappan St
351C Lorch Hall
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1220
Tel: (734) 763-9619
Fax: (734) 764-2769
Quality of Life, Firm Productivity, and the Value of Amenities across
Canadian Cities. (with Fernando Leibovici and Casey Warman) Canadian Journal of Economics, 46(2), May 2013. Coverage in The Provence and Victoria Times-Colonist.
- Partisan Representation
in Congress and the Geographic Distribution of Federal Funds. Review of Economics and Statistics, 95(1), March 2013, pp. 127-141.
Colonial Origins of
Comparative Development: An Empirical Investigation: Comment.
American Economic Review, 102(6), October 2012, pp. 3059-3076. Data in ASCII. , STATA. Appendix .
Evaluating the Efficiency and Equity of Federal Fiscal Equalization. Journal of Public Economics 96(9-10), October 2012, pp. 824-839.
- Do Voters Affect or Elect Policies?
A New Perspective, with Evidence from the U.S. Senate.
Electoral Studies 30(1), March 2011, pp. 162-173.
- The Unequal Geographic Burden of Federal
Journal of Political Economy 117(4), August 2009, pp. 635-667.
Coverage in the New York Times, NBER Digest and by Fox Business. Longer NBER Working Paper.
- The Wage Gap between Francophones and Anglophones: A Canadian Perspective, 1970-2000
. Canadian Journal of Economics 41(4), November 2008, pp. 1211-1238. Appendix.
Coverage in the Montreal Gazette and
- ECON 481: Government Expenditures
- ECON 487: Urban Economics
- ECON 495: Seminar in Economics: Economic Inequality
- ECON 684: Government Revenues - first half.
- 2012 Peggy and Richard Musgrave Prize.
- 2008 Robert Mundell Prize.
- 2008 Upjohn Institute Dissertation Award.
- 2008 AREUEA Dissertation Award.
- 2007 NTA Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Prize.