Cancun WTO Ministerial Meeting
These are links to items related to the Fifth Ministerial Meeting of the WTO,
and the Doha Round
held in Cancun Mexico September 9-14, 2003, and the associated negotiations.
- Espiritu, Edgardo B., "Is the Collapse of the Cancun Trade Talks Good or Bad for Us?", The Manilla Times Internet Edition, October 15, 2003.
- Zedillo, Ernesto, "Mysteries of Trade Diplomacy", Forbes, October 11, 2003.
- Evenett, Simon, "The Failure of the WTO Ministerial meeting in Cancun: What implications for future research on the world trading system?," October 9, 2003. To be published in CESifo Forum, Volume 4, No. 3, Autumn 2003, pp. 11-17.
- Lamy, Pascal, "Result of the WTO Ministerial Conference in Cancun," speech, Plenary Session on the Ministerial Conference of the WTO in Cancun, Strasbourg, 24 September 2003.
- Lehmann, Jean-Pierre, "Open Letter to Robert Zoellick, USTR," Evian Group, September, 2003.
- Zoellick, Robert B., "America Will Not Wait," The Financial Times, September 21, 2003.
- Mitra, Soumya Kanti, "Will the New Players Be Heard Long Enough?" The Economic Times, September 21, 2003.
- Economist, "The WTO under Fire," September 18, 2003. (Excellent!)
- Srinivasan, T. N., "India in the Doha Round," The Financial Express, September 4, 2003.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish and Arvind Panagariya, "Defensive Play Simply Won't Work," The Economic Times, August 29, 2003.
- Stern, Robert M. and Katherine Terrell, "Labor Standards and the WTO," August 2003.
- Deardorff, Alan V. and Robert M. Stern, "Enhancing the Benefits for Developing Countries in the Doha Development Agenda Negotiations," August 13, 2003.
- Lamy, Pascal, "The FAQs About Cancun," Wall Street Journal, July 17, 2003.
- Zoellick, Robert B., "Our Credo: Free Trade and Competition," Wall Street Journal, July 11, 2003. Also via Proquest (UM only)
- Bhagwati, Jagdish, "The Caravan to Cancun," Wall Street Journal, July 2, 2003. Also via Proquest (UM only)
- Bello, Walden, "Ministerial in Mexico Looks Like a Second Seattle," The Bangkok Post, May 27, 2003.
- Srinivasan, T.N., "The Future of the Global Trading System:
Doha Round, Cancún Ministerial and Beyond" presented at the conference "The Future of Globalization: Explorations in Light of Recent Turbulence" co-sponsored by The Yale Center for the Study of Globalization and The World Bank, held at Yale on October 10-11, 2003.
- Hufbauer, Gary, "Is Doha About Development?" Prepared for Chicago Council on Foreign Relations, Conference on the Global Economy, September 15-16, 2003.
- Francois, Joseph, Hans van Meiji, and Frank van Tongeren, "Trade Liberalization and Developing Countries under the Doha Round," CEPR Discussion Paper No. 4032, August 2003. | Or from CEPR.
- Laird, Sam, Santiago Fernandez de Cordoba, and David Vanzetti, "Market Access Proposals for Non-Agricultural Products," UNCTAD, July 16, 2003.
- Abbott, Kenneth W., Development Policy in the New Millenium and the Doha "Development Round", Asian Development Bank, May 2003.
- Finger, J. Michael and Andrei Zlate, "WTO Rules That Allow New Trade Restrictions: The Public Interest Is a Bastard Child", prepared for the U.N. Millennium Project Task Force on Trade, Coordinated by Ernesto Zedillo and Patrick Messerlin, April 16, 2003.
- Moran, Theodore H., Strategy and Tactics for the Doha Round: Capturing the Benefits of Foreign Direct Investment, Asian Development Bank, December 2002.
- McCalman, Phillip, The Doha Agenda and Development: Prospects for Intellectual Property Rights Reform, Asian Development Bank, December 2002.
- Finger, J. Michael, The Doha Agenda and Development: A View from the Uruguay Round, Asian Development Bank, 2002.
- WTO Main conference page.