Video of final CRECHE EXHIBIT (2007)
now available to order
Filmmaker Peter Schriemer has produced a half hour video tour of the final Crèche Exhibit (2007), and has made it available on DVD. Experience each crèche-filled room and see many of your favorite crèches again this year - and every year!
The DVDs are $20, or $15 each if ordering 2 or more.
To order this DVD, please send an email to Peter Schriemer at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, the number of DVDs you wish to order, and the
address you wish them to be sent. An email confirmation will provide the address to send your payment by check.
The 25th and FINAL
Annual Ann Arbor Michigan
CHRISTMAS CRECHE (NATIVITY) EXHIBIT
Come celebrate the Christmas season with over 1000 creches from 111 countries artistically portraying the birth of Jesus Christ. There are many new creches each year.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
1385 Green Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan. For a map, click here.
Exhibit web address: www.crecheexhibit.com
2007 EXHIBIT SCHEDULE:
- Friday, November 30
10 am - 9 pm.
Christmas concert 7:30 pm.
- Saturday, December 1
10 am - 9 pm
- Sunday, December 2
11 am - 7 pm.
Christmas concert 3 pm.
- Monday, December 3
10 am - 9 pm
For two larger views of the main exhibit hall
as it appeared in our 2001 exhibit, click here.
Unique features of our Creche (Nativity) Exhibit
Click the blue words for additional photos and information.
- Our exhibit presents over 1000 Nativities, representing 111 countries around the world. Click here for a list of these countries, with photographs of some the nativities. The number of our creches has outgrown the space available for the exhibit, so we have begun rotating them each year, to allow new creches to be displayed.
- A large Christmas French Santon Village, including 115 santons (of five different sizes). A baker santon, from this village, is shown at right. The santons ("little saints") are all French villagers bringing their gifts to the Christ Child.
- Creches donated by Dr. Catherine J. Carroll, a former Ann Arbor pediatrician, Click here to see a photograph of Dr. Carroll, a short biography of her life, and photographs of two of her donated creches.
- A Neapolitan Presepio, a type of Italian nativity from the 1700s, with nine antique figures, including the Holy Family.
- Brief description of the Creche Exhibit.
- Several creche examples:
- Brief history of our Creche Exhibit over the years.
- List of other creche exhibits that were started as a result of ours, either by individuals who had participated in our exhibit, or with our help and/or advice.
For further exhibit information, you can e-mail BetsyChris@comcast.net.
You can reach this Web page at: www.crecheexhibit.com
Taking photos of the nativities in this exhibit is permitted.
NOTE: This is an exhibit of privately-owned creches. None of the creches are for sale.
A miniature soft modelling-clay nativity made by two teen-age girls
Although there will not be a creche exhibit in 2008, there may be a free Christmas Concert in December. If there is a concert, it will be posted here.